- Assistant Curator, Film
Many of the materials from the IWM's collections are available to purchase and license for use in commercial projects and for private use. High resolution images, audio files and archive footage are accessible to creative professionals and used in many different ways; from book covers to documentary films and museum displays. We have ambitious plans to develop the archive licensing business, optimising the customer experience, increasing the breadth of access to our online collection and building new revenue opportunities. A small team of Film Curators sit within the Media Sales & Licensing team and deal with all requests for the access and licensing of film as well as tasks related to the management, development and documentation of the film collection.
Purpose of the job
The post holder will have primary responsibility for the access, supply and licensing of the film collection to non-commercial and cultural industry users. The role involves advising on the content and context of the film collection, revenue generation with monthly targets, as well as supporting the wider commercial offer of Media Sales & Licensing. The post holder will also be required to support the development and documentation of the film collection, public programmes and research and the work of other teams and departments.
- Understanding of IWM and its purpose
- Degree in History or other relevant subject
- Demonstrable knowledge of C20 & early C21 British History and visual culture and its international context
- Knowledge of frameworks – legal, ethical and professional – in which IWM operates
- An understanding of the application of digital image and documentation standards and technologies in a museum, archive or similar environment.
- Visually literate with the ability to analyse and interpret film material
- Experience of dealing with customer enquiries, with a working knowledge of using systems to input and manage customer data
- Demonstrable relevant experience of working in a client-focused, target-driven sales environment
- Excellent IT skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a demonstrable ability to adapt to new systems
Apply by clicking the blue apply button below.
Please note we do not accept only CV’s, you will be required to fill in an online application form.
If you have any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9 am, Friday 25th June 2021.
Interviews will be held shortly following.
IWM is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.