- Collections Systems Assistant (IWM London)
This vacancy is open to external and internal candidates. For new internal candidates (this includes staff employed directly by IWM and agency workers temping with IWM) to be eligible for vacancies you must have successfully completed your probation period or have been working with us for 6 months.
Working with the two Collections Systems Managers to develop technical and data quality skills to support IWM’s collections management system (Adlib) and DAMS (Digital Asset Management System).
Your focus will be to support IWM’s systems users, so that they can use the systems to deliver core work more efficiently, create higher quality records, and develop capability in the systems.
You will test and implement appropriate system and data solutions to deliver change. This will be achieved by working closely with IWM staff and the IT department, and you will work as a trouble shooter, working closely with the IT Helpdesk to ensure systems issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Knowledge of the application of information management software systems and database development, preferably in a museum or similar environment
- Understanding of data management principles and systems tools for improving data quality
- Understanding of collections management processes such as location and movement control, acquisition, etc
- Carries out accurate information retrieval (including analogue sources), collection and data recording using IWM’s systems, following museum policy and procedures
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and other software for data manipulation and management
Apply via our online application form. Click apply at the bottom left of this page.
Please note we do not accept only CV’s, you will be required to fill in an online application form.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9 am Tuesday 2 January 2018.
Test will be sent to shortlisted candidates on Monday 7 January 2018.
Interviews will be held on Monday 21 January 2018.
Please note that the interview date(s) has been specifically chosen according to the availability of the panel. You are advised to keep this date free if you are interested in this vacancy. We are unable to reschedule interviews.
We regret that if you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date your application, in this instance, has been unsuccessful.
IWM is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.