- Public Engagement and Learning Assistant - Apprenticeship (IWM Duxford)
An exciting opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic individual looking to develop their skills, to support the operation of public programming, learning sessions, arts and engagement for audiences of all ages as part of Public Engagement & Learning at IWM Duxford.
- Support the Public Engagement and Learning team by assisting with administrative, operational and programme related tasks as, working collaboratively across the IWM departments and with our bookers and the public.
- Provide support and assistance during Public Engagement and Learning events, activities and sessions as and when required. Assist the team with administrative tasks such as drafting documents, managing rotas, departmental filing, archiving and record keeping and financial management.
- Answering questions from the public about the Public Engagement and Learning programming and collating evaluation feedback to feed into new programmes of work.
- Be responsible for departmental stationery and maintaining an organised and tidy set of materials and resources, both physical and digital.
- Proactively provide administrative support to the department, including diary and travel arrangements.
- Develop project management responsivity over the course of the apprenticeship in order to work towards leading on aspects of a project with support from the department.
- Supervise the work of volunteers when required.
- Be security conscious, ensuring familiarity and cooperation with all IWM security procedures
- Be actively committed to health and safety, ensuring familiarity with all of IWM's health and safety policies and procedures
Have some experience of working or volunteering in a busy environment involving a level of public engagement.
An interest in working in museums.
Effective numeracy and communication skills.
Experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
To apply for this role please visit https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-443994
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9 am, Wednesday 24 July 2019.
Interviews will be held on Monday 29 July 2019. Please note that the interview date(s) has been specifically chosen according to the availability of the panel. You are advised to keep this date free if you are interested in this vacancy.
IWM is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.
This opportunity is closed to applications.